Love to get under the surface of a business and identify areas for improvement, efficiency and digital enablement? Do you have a wide digital understanding but value the significance of people within a digital strategy? We have an exciting opportunity for a Digital Transformation Consultant to join our strategy consulting practice across the UK.
“Working in the ‘digital transformation’ space over the past few years has been fascinating. Our consulting team work hands-on with clients to get to the crux of their business challenges and then identify the ways in which digital can become a true enabler (and indeed the cases where digital is not the answer at all). It gives us the luxury of seeing behind the curtain of brands and organisations of all shapes and sizes, outlining actionable roadmaps that drive tangible change.”
– Steve Plummer, Head of Consulting, After Digital
As a Digital Consultant with AD, you’ll work with clients to understand their future business requirements and how digital can best facilitate them. You’ll be involved in a range of activities: business strategy, market & user research, service design, workshop facilitation, board advisory, business planning, business analysis, usability, user journey mapping and findings analysis.
This activity will then inform the drafting of the roadmap, business case and organisational impact reports that will ultimately underpin their digital evolution journey.
You will have proven experience of working in a consulting environment (e.g. strategy, digital transformation, management consulting), architecting human-centred design solutions for end clients. You will be comfortable working in a range of industries and with stakeholders of all levels.
As an AD Digital Consultant, you will have the opportunity to work with numerous clients across a range of sectors. Working at a strategic C-suite level within organisations, you will be able to use your knowledge, skills and experience to help clients understand the opportunities and benefits offered by digital solutions, particularly in the areas of digital technology enablement, data and digital system infrastructure. You will also be able to advise on the organisational impact this will have and the people elements of the journey they will take.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Lead on all initial sales conversations, and project definition processes
- Lead on the writing of proposals and delivery of pitches and all sales activities
- Contribute to business development and knowledge sharing initiatives
- Undertake such speaking engagements as required to promote the consulting arm of AD
- Undertake such research and interviews necessary to complete the projects
- Chairing and facilitation of client workshops using a variety of proven techniques and interactions
- Research into market opportunities, digital platforms, capability and industries
- Design and develop client strategies around a wide variety of digital platforms
- Lead on the creation of the business case in support of the roadmap
- Own the digital roadmap and present findings and recommendations to the board and the client teams as required
- Analysis and design of key user journeys, user acquisition and conversion
- Act as an interface with the delivery teams to ensure an effective transition
- Partner with 3rd party providers and incumbent agencies to deliver the best solution meeting the needs of our clients.
Essential skills and experience:
- Successful track record in business development
- Chairing and facilitation of workshops, interviews and sensitive conversations
- Ability to positively challenge and draw out insights
- Outstanding communication skills
- Understanding of business strategy and business planning, management accounts, P&L and the commercial pressures of running large complex organisations
- A good understanding of the full range of digital technology options, and how they can integrate (e.g. mobile, apps, social, rich content, ad services, email, data, CRM, ERP, online payments, e-commerce, hosting, CDN, CMS, integrated marketing systems, automation, personalisation and behavioural targeting)
- In-depth understanding of the processes and challenges of integrating with 3rd party systems
- Understanding of UX design, multi-device web performance, cross-browser testing standards and online content formatting
- Experience of digital / online web standards, governance and best practice
- Operational delivery across online channels
- A good understanding of general web standards such as: W3C, WCAG, accessibility, usability
- Outstanding report writing / copywriting skills with an eagle eye for detail.
Desirable skills and experience:
- Understanding of online encryption and security in relation to digital technologies, systems, databases and services
- Track record of success in digital consulting
- Digital marketing expertise across all channels
- Google accredited
- Agile accredited
- Touch typing – extensive note taking for workshop facilitation and documentation.
If you’re keen to apply, send us your CV, a covering letter outlining your skills and why you think you’re the perfect fit for After Digital, addressed FAO Steve Plummer to [email protected] by midnight on Friday 4th May.
We look forward to hearing what you’ve got!
Interested in the types of projects you might be working on, take a look at a few of our case studies below:
Who will you be working with?
You will come into contact with a variety of our team members from UX design through to development and marketing, but you’ll be working most closely with your fellow digital consultants and our senior team.
We’re an equal opportunity employer and hold diversity and inclusion dear. We never discriminate on the basis of gender, age, race, religion, colour, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.