We are on the hunt for a dedicated Front-end Developer to join our award winning team, to work on both client-facing and in-house projects.
As a business, we apply creative and technical expertise to all areas of creativity with a strong focus on the end user’s experience. Our client list is dominated by Arts & Culture based clients, which brings in plenty of fun and exciting new projects on a regular basis.
This is not just the standard agency development role, we have a suite of in-house products that we offer to clients and are actively working to innovate in ways that provide the end user with an experience that they will remember. As part of the development team, you will have the opportunity to architect and innovate within these products, delivering from code to production and benefiting thousands of users on a daily basis.
At After Digital, we pride ourselves on having a culture that promotes collaboration between the teams. This allows for developers to access data that can be used to improve features or chats with our in-house design, aiding in the future shaping of our products.
Duties and Responsibilities
Day to day duties will involve creating responsive, cross-browser supported and robust components for integration within various CMS systems. You will work closely with Back-end developers, marketers and designers to turn their visions into working realities.
You will be responsible for creating, testing and shipping high quality and robust code to production. This will also include adding to and maintaining our in-house modular component library, to allow our developers to implement consistent functionality quickly and concentrate on new features required for the websites.
As a team, we have a focus on personal development with the opportunity to set bi-monthly goals and receive time within the working week to complete training courses and improve your own skill set. We believe that by investing in our people, we will foster a better work/life balance, resulting in producing consistently high quality, award-winning work.
What we are looking for
Ideally, you will be a Front-end Web Developer who is familiar with the full lifecycle of a web-based project, from technical planning to working with designers and, finally, creating modular components ready for a Back-end Developer to integrate.
You should also have a few years of experience of working within an Agile environment and an ability to multitask, meeting requirements across a range of projects.
- Proficient experience With SASS / CSS, HTML5 (BEM) & CSS3
- Experience creating layouts with Flexbox and CSS Grid
- Expertise in configuring and maintaining task runners and bundlers such as Gulp and Webpack
- Experience with Git version control
- Experience with package management using NPM or Yarn
- Experience writing modular code for use within new and existing code bases. We use ES6 Classes and utilise import/export features to form most of our in-house library with a concentration on re-usable and fully modular code
- Knowledge of WCAG Standards of Accessibility and writing code to meet A, AA & AAA standards
- Knowledge of developing websites with multiple browsers and device compatibility in mind
- Have a focus on performance and getting the most out of your code
- Experience discussing requirements and solutions with clients
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Have a strong desire to be an innovator within the industry
- Passion for using modern web technologies and techniques at the forefront of Front-end development
- Ability to provide accurate estimations and work within a budget
- Experience within an Agile environment
You can impress us with:
- Experience working with design systems and principles (ATOMIC)
- Working knowledge of front-end frameworks, preferably Vue or React
- Experience using Node.js
- Exposure to future technologies (Voice, AR, VR)
- Experience creating code for integration with WordPress and Joomla
- A general passion for Front-end development
We are fully aware that most people will not have all of the skills mentioned above. So, impress us with what you can do and outline your ambitions, we will help you learn the stack.
Perks & Benefits
As we said, we take pride in our company culture and are passionate about investing in our people and the areas that make a positive difference to the overall atmosphere in the office. That’s why we have:
- Flexible and remote working, generous holidays and a focus on work-life balance
- In-house culture club, where we can enjoy individual arts and culture or educational book allowances every month
- Top of the range equipment and full testing suite.
- A modern and open plan office with a friendly and passionate team in either Glasgow or Manchester’s city centre
- Investment in you! We’re committed to our people and offer CPD, training, conferences and the opportunity to volunteer
- Dogs! We have 2 regular office dogs, Noodle and Pepper, who help to boost morale and notify us of any approaching delivery men
- Friday drinks (fun @ 4pm)
How to apply
Feel like this role is for you? Pop your CV, cover letter and portfolio of work to [email protected] and we will be in touch soon.
* Please note: We do not accept calls from recruitment agencies.