We apply creative and technical expertise to everything we do and value our customers’ experience of After Digital by encouraging openness, professionalism and trust to deliver great work for them and us. We pride ourselves on a working culture that promotes collaboration and we want new team members who wish to be part of a dynamic team. So, as we win new exciting projects in the arts, culture, education and e-commerce sectors, we're now looking to strengthen the team further with a new Full Stack Developer position in our Glasgow or Manchester office.
Working as an integral part of the team you will have the opportunity to grow and develop your own skills and creativity whilst contributing to the ongoing success and development of After Digital as a whole.
The role will involve managing more than one project at a time and you will be responsible for prioritising your workload to reflect the project requirements and business needs. All operations must be delivered with due consideration to the After Digital design policies, practices and reputation in the market.
- Create fully responsive web applications from static designs.
- Great organisational and communication skills both internally and client facing
- Develop websites for multiple browser and device compatibility
- Knowledge of open source platforms: WordPress and Laravel (others a bonus)
- Experience with CSS preprocessors, specifically SASS.
- Experience with package management in PHP and JS
- Understanding of browser rendering and website performance
- Git version control following Git-Flow methodology
- REST and SOAP API integration
Impress us with :
- Your knowledge of software design patterns in PHP
- Your track record of delivering complex projects on time and on budget
- Your methods for ensuring project maintainability
- Your passion for new technologies
- Experience designing efficient high-traffic applications
- Experience configuring hosting environments for scalability and performance
- Experience packaging and deploying with Docker
We value a great work-life balance, operating flexible working hours and a policy that enables people to get the most out of what they put in. The competitive nature of our business requires flexibility and willingness to go the extra mile but we strive for a healthy and committed working ethos where people ‘muck in to get the job done’ and work together to deliver awesome results time and time again.
If this kind of role gets you all excited, then drop us an e-mail at [email protected] with the subject Front-End Developer, including a covering letter.
Good luck and we'll be in touch soon.
Please note that we do not accept calls from recruitment agencies.