Glasgow or Manchester
What constitutes creativity? For us, it's the ability to capture client and project requirements and craft them into gorgeous, user-centric design and digital solutions. Our aim is to always exceed expectations and deliver intuitive online user experiences. In a nutshell, creativity at After Digital is imaginative but purposeful user experience.
As a designer in After Digital you’ll be responsible for the design and development of compelling user experiences across various, integrated channels – mobile, web and social. You’ll work closely with other members of the creative team (across the UK), as well as the wider team. You’ll be involved in the design elements of a project from initial user personas and journeys, concept creation, planning and resource estimation of design services. You will be comfortable working with internal and external stakeholders and clearly communicating the rationale behind your creative concepts.
This role is full-time and will be based in Glasgow / Manchester.
In this role you will:
- With support and training from our Head of Creative, you will be responsible for all design aspects of a project, from initial user personas and journeys, wireframes, concept creation through execution across multiple digital channels: web, mobile, social, in-store.
- Work with a wide range of clients in a multi-skilled agile delivery team to create, architect and deliver digital design experiences/products.
- Have commercial awareness and a passion for design excellence - the ability to understand client needs and rapidly develop and propose practical yet innovative solutions as a response
- Liaise with key stakeholders, including management, clients and the wider team, to iteratively refine and improve concepts
- Work with the development team throughout the build cycle to provide guidance on implementation of the designs to the highest standards
- Thrive in an agile development environment, demonstrating ability to manage your own time and respond to quick iterations
- Have the ability to clearly present your designs with pride and rationale at the end of each sprint
- Work on multiple projects at any one time from concept through completion, with guidance from senior team members
- Work closely with internal teams to generate ideas for pitching, proposals and to take to management
- Constantly research new design methodologies and trends.
Base Level Skills & Experience Needed
- An interest in user experience design methods, always thinking of the user first
- Graphic Design qualification at degree or course level with strong design and typography skills
- A creative portfolio to showcase your work
- A thorough understanding of and passion for user interface design, as well as industry best practices
- Strategic thinker and problem solver
- Attention to detail, with excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Have the ability to substantiate and communicate thought-processes that were the drivers behind design decisions
- Strong organisational skills, with a passion to work collaboratively within a multi-disciplinary agile team environment
- Knowledge of layouts, graphic fundamentals, typography & limitations of the web; must have the ability to storyboard or translate ideas to the team and into innovative solutions.
- Understands the realm of digital design and UX, as well as branding, with an acute attention to detail. We will work with you to hone these skills and progress your interaction design experience.
- Desire to learn and push ideas, technologies and processes within the team
- Experience of Adobe CS Creative Suite – InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator
- Good people skills and enjoys working in teams
- Passion, Enthusiasm, and Energy are a must!
- Basic knowledge of HTML and CSS
- A diverse range of work evidenced in your portfolio
- Experience designing for multiple digital devices and UX scenarios
- Working knowledge of After Effects and Premiere Pro
- More in-depth knowledge and practical experience with design tools and software.
We want to help talented, driven individuals to achieve their potential. If you think you're ‘the one that we want’ we'd love to hear from you.
Send us over your CV and a creative covering letter (with your portfolio of work) to [email protected] FAO Stephen Kay and we’ll get back to you to let you know if you will be progressing to the next stage ASAP.