Glasgow or Manchester
Are you a budding web developer? Would you describe yourself as driven and enthusiastic? Yes… then you could be just what we're looking for. We’re on the hunt for an amazing junior web developer to join our team in either Glasgow or Manchester now in a full-time, permanent position.
We value our people and the way we work. We are an agile agency with collaboration at our core, and our team embodies the work hard, play hard mentality - our social channels show you just a snippet of that. We are committed to nurturing a team who inspire each other and encourage one another to think outside the box. Therefore, we are dedicated to bringing in fresh talent and helping to develop you to your full potential. Sound exciting?
Due to a large number of applications we are asking all potential candidates to make sure they are able to meet the required essential skills listed below before applying.
- Have a genuine interest in developing immersive client websites that are exceptional for the end user.
- Strong organisational and communication skills, with a clear capacity to learn.
- Comfortable with PHP(OOP).
- Experience developing responsive websites (with examples or your work).
- Confident and personable - Able to clearly translate complex concepts and work within a fast-paced agile team environment.
- Experience working with multiple CMS' such as WordPress, Drupal and Joomla.
Beneficial skills (brownie points given!)
- Any relevant experience - internships, placements, work, etc.
- Degree in Computer Science / related degree is a bonus.
- Experience working alongside digital creatives and professionals within the media industry would be beneficial.
- Expansive knowledge of current technologies.
- Experience with GIT version control.
- PHP Unit Testing.
- Experience with AWS.
- Back end experience working with at least one type of PHP framework.
- Basic server administration.
If this kind of role appeals to you, then drop us an e-mail to [email protected] with the subject 'Junior Web Developer Application' and address the email to Steve Plummer, including a covering letter (tell us a bit about what makes you unique and which office you'd like to be based in) and examples of your work or practical experience where relevant (don't forget to let us know what your input for each project was).
Successful applicants will be invited for face-to-face interviews and an aptitude test.
Best of luck and we'll get back to you as soon as we can!