Do you have a pixel-perfect passion for digital design? Love to challenge the status quo and solve commercial problems with design thinking? We’re looking for an outstanding senior designer with a bucket load of energy, inspiration and creativity to join our team and work on both our own exciting internal product offerings and on-site with clients across the UK and North America. You’ll gain exposure to our amazing clients new and long-term, such as University of Colorado, EDF Energy, Donmar, University of Southampton, Almeida and London Philharmonic Orchestra.
The user is at the forefront of all the solutions we deliver, concentrating on how to best serve their needs whilst delivering on client business objectives. That’s where our great digital strategists and design team come into effect. With this focus on UX we’re looking to recruit for this very exciting role. This role has huge potential for a committed and experienced individual with aspirations to progress into the role of Head of Design / Creative Director.
The Senior Designer will be responsible for the design and development of compelling customer experiences across multiple digital channels – mobile, web and social. As a user experience expert, the role will be involved in the design aspects of a project from the concept generation and modelling, through planning, estimation, and provision of design guidance. You will work with internal and external clients, pitch designs and get to the heart of client needs. As well as developing visual designs, you will be responsible for managing internal design resources and the team.
In this role you will:
- Develop and take ownership of our own brand and creative direction
- Work with our clients in a multi-skilled agile delivery team
- Design and develop compelling and commercially viable customer experiences across multiple digital and e-commerce channels: web, mobile, social, etc
- Be responsible for all design aspects of a project
- Design and create the personas, sitemaps, user journeys and wireframes, alongside a team of other high-performing practitioners
- Have the ability to understand client needs and rapidly develop and propose practical yet creative solutions
- Liaise with key stakeholders, including clients, management, and our digital producers, to iteratively refine and improve designs
- Work with the development team throughout the development cycle to provide guidance on implementation of the designs and oversee quality control
- Have the ability to clearly present your product with pride and passion at the end of each sprint
- Work with our internal team on product design
- Provide training to junior staff and clients
- Lead creative sessions
- Manage multiple projects at any one time
- Work closely with internal teams to generate ideas for pitching, proposals and to take to management
- Manage team members.
Skills & Experience: Must Haves
- An expert with user experience design methods
- At least 3 years senior experience working on large scale digital projects
- A thorough understanding of interactive communications and delivery systems, processes, and user interface design as well as industry best practices
- Strategic thinker and problem solver
- Commercially minded as well as editorially aware
- Have the ability to substantiate and communicate thought processes that drove design decisions, being able to always relate back to the user
- Have experience of designing for multiple devices
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Have experience of responsive design and tools such as the full Creative Cloud suite, Sketch, InVision, Avocode, etc
- Strong organisational skills, with a passion for working collaboratively within a multi-disciplinary agile team environment
- Knowledge of layouts, graphic fundamentals, typography & limitations of the web; must have the ability to storyboard or translate ideas to the team and into innovative solutions
- Ability to lead projects from concept to completion
- Passion, enthusiasm, and energy are a must!
This is a hugely exciting opportunity to join a small but award-winning team who are passionate about delivering outstanding solutions to our clients. Here are just a few examples…