Due to a series of exciting client wins, we are looking to expand our current development team to include an additional mid-level or senior developer. The successful candidate will enjoy working within a fast-paced agency environment and relish the challenges and opportunities afforded to them through the variety of projects that we build and maintain.
The successful candidate will have at least four years of experience building custom object-oriented PHP applications and be comfortable working with open source frameworks (e.g. Laravel) and CMS systems including Magento, WordPress and Joomla. Please provide examples of your work with your application; if you are unable to do so, you may be asked to complete a short coding test prior to being invited to an interview.
This role will require true craftsmanship extending over and above CMS templating and framework boilerplates. The candidate should be able to demonstrate their competence in delivering projects based on loosely coupled object-oriented code and their ability to architect applications for maintainability and scalability. While support will be available, the successful candidate will be confident to lead a project without supervision and strive to achieve a high-quality output through efficiency and collaboration.
As well as being technically experienced, the successful candidate will be able to assist the digital producers by representing After Digital in client meetings and delivering their technical knowledge in an accessible format.
Whilst we have offices in both Manchester and Glasgow, this role is also open to remote workers across the UK.
- At least 2 years experience working with Magento, WordPress and/or Joomla
- At least 4 years writing object oriented PHP applications
- Strong knowledge of OO PHP
- Working knowledge of one or multiple MVC PHP frameworks
- Strong knowledge of HTML5, SCSS, JQuery, GIT
- Experience integrating a variety of third party APIs
- Working in an agency environment
- Working within an agile environment/team
- Provisioning LEMP stack
- Implementing automated testing
- Working with Composer package manager
Win Brownie Points
- Magento2 Experience
- Experience building and maintaining API applications
- AWS Systems Admin Experience, ideally LEMP
- Experience building and deploying scalable applications
If this sounds like the type of opportunity that would suit you, please get in touch. Send us your CV and information to [email protected] FAO Adrian Toomer. We look forward to hearing from you - good luck!
Best of luck and we'll get back to you as soon as we can!