Who are we?
We’re a small, agile digital agency based in Glasgow and Manchester. We have no desire to be the biggest agency in the world, but rather do great work for great clients around the world. Our roots date back to 1997 but we’re thoroughly forward thinking. And, we require team members who love a challenge, want to take ownership of projects and be part of a close-knit, committed team.
What’s the role
Due to a series of exciting client wins, we are looking to expand our current development team to include an additional mid-level or senior developer. The successful candidate will enjoy working within a fast-paced agency environment and relish the challenges and opportunities afforded to them through the variety of projects that we build and maintain.
The successful candidate will have experience building custom object-oriented PHP applications and be comfortable working with open source frameworks (e.g. Laravel) and various CMS.
This role will require true craftsmanship extending over and above CMS templating and framework boilerplates. The candidate should be able to demonstrate their competence in delivering projects based on loosely coupled object-oriented code and their ability to architect applications for maintainability and scalability. While support will be available, the successful candidate will be confident to lead a project without supervision and strive to achieve a high-quality output through efficiency and collaboration.
As well as being technically experienced, the successful candidate will be able to assist the digital producers by representing After Digital in client meetings and delivering their technical knowledge in an accessible format.
Whilst we have offices in both Manchester and Glasgow, this role is also open to remote workers across the UK.
You – Character
- You gain inspiration from working with other passionate people
- You value attitude as much as aptitude
- You’re a stickler for details
- You’re comfortable asking for help
- You’re comfortable giving help
- You’re able to back up your opinions and recommendations
- You’re comfortable challenging and being challenged
You – Skills & Requirements
- At least 2 years experience working with Magento, WordPress and/or Joomla
- At least 4 years writing object-oriented PHP applications
- Strong knowledge of OO PHP
- Working knowledge of one or multiple MVC PHP frameworks
- Strong knowledge of HTML5, SCSS, JQuery, GIT
- Experience integrating a variety of third party APIs
You – Beneficial Experience
- Working in an agency environment
- Working within a fast-paced agile environment/team
- Provisioning LEMP stack
- Implementing automated testing
- Working with Composer package manager
You – Win Brownie Points
- Magento2 Experience
- Experience building and maintaining API applications
- AWS Systems Admin Experience, ideally LEMP
- Experience building and deploying scalable applications
If this sounds like the type of opportunity that you’d love, please get in touch. Send us your CV and examples of your work within your application (if you are unable to do so, you may be asked to complete a short coding test prior to being invited to an interview) to [email protected] FAO Adrian Toomer.
We look forward to hearing from you and we’ll be back in touch soon – good luck!
We’re an equal opportunity employer and hold diversity dear. We never discriminate on the basis of gender, age, race, religion, colour, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.