Are you an algorithm aficionado? A meta maniac? A SERPS savant? Born problem solver who loves to get their teeth into analytical challenges? Then you could be just the person we're looking for to fill our new SEO Executive role. This is an exciting position in a team with a proven track record of award-winning, results-centric campaigns, working with a variety of top clients across the UK and across the pond. This position can be based in either Glasgow or Manchester.
There are all the usual reasons we think you'd like working here (great working environment, with breakfast, drinks fridge and office dogs, flexible hours, training, CPD and 21 days holiday plus an extra day per year of service), but we want people who want more. We want people who are keen to work on interesting problems for interesting clients. People who come to work and give it their all but who also have a passion for out of work experiences.
SEO Executive - Glasgow or Manchester
On a day-to-day basis, the successful SEO Exec will be responsible for owning campaigns for a variety of websites which include:
Creation and implementation of SEO strategies alongside the Head of Strategy that drive traffic and conversions for our clients which will involve (but not limited to):
- Working with clients to set campaign objectives and KPIs
- Marketplace research and trend analysis
- Brainstorming creative ideas and working with clients and in-house teams to see these come to fruition
- Conducting technical SEO audits and identifying issues & opportunities to remedy
- Keyword research and mapping
- Writing optimised blog posts and site copy that appeal to specific audiences & benefit SEO
- Content auditing and optimisation, with clear ability to adapt to the audience/industry
- Backlink building outside of content outreach, e.g. citations, broken link building, etc.
- Backlink audits and disavowing
- Reporting on campaign efficiency and optimising performance, translating complex technical recommendations into client-friendly documents and actions for developers/clients
You must be knowledgeable with the following tools and platforms:
- Google Analytics, Tag Manager and Search Console
- Raven Tools
- Majestic SEO
- Screaming Frog
- Magento 1 & 2
- WordPress and Yoast
- Crazy Egg
Other responsibilities include:
- Providing ongoing training for junior members of the team and the wider business
- Running workshops and training with clients
- Assisting new business with pitch preparation
We're looking for someone with following skills and attributes:
- Excellent handle on marketing principles
- Au fait with Google Analytics, Search Console and Google Tag Manager
- Creative & analytical, showcasing a strong capacity to multi-task
- Demonstrable understanding of SEO best practice and techniques to safely and effectively improve organic search rankings
- Demonstrable research & communication skills, with the ability to liaise with clients comfortably
- Evidenced technical SEO understanding and experience, with good understanding of tools and practices
- Proven ability to plan, manage and review creative marketing campaigns
- Excellent research and analysis skills, with an ability to translate this into actionable insights
- Commercial awareness
- Superb communication skills, as the role involves working closely with our team and clients
- Dedication, creativity and a friendly personality are non-negotiable
- Ability to self-organise and meet deadlines
- Educated to a degree level ideally
- Demonstrable knowledge of paid advertising would be beneficial
This position is permanent and full-time. You must be passionate, friendly and pro-active and enjoy leading multiple SEO campaigns which achieve (or exceed) client KPIs.
If you’re keen to apply, send us your CV, a covering letter outlining your skills and why you think you’re the perfect fit for After Digital, addressed FAO Cat Leaver to [email protected] ASAP.
Deadline for applications is 26th July 2017.
We look forward to hearing from you!