We all know the benefits of advertising on Google right? Grow your online presence, promote your business, increase conversions, sign-ups and generate leads. Similar to any business out there, every not-for-profit organisation has it's own unique goals to achieve - generate awareness, increase charitable donations, recruit volunteers, boost membership and more.
Fortunately for all the NPOs out there, our friends at Google are on hand to help you in reaching these goals and back in 2003, Google Grants was launched.
For those of you who don't know about them, Google Grants is a unique, in-kind donation programme which awards selected charitable organisations with free Adwords advertising to assist in reaching their long-term goals.
Interested in finding out more? Check if you're eligible for Google Grants:
Eligibility and Conditions
- Your organisation must hold a valid charity status
- The organisation must have a fully functioning website with a sufficient amount of content. We all know how much Google loves good quality content. If you’re not clued up on this you can find out more about the importance of quality content in another of our blogs here.
- The ads must only point to one website domain which is pre-approved at the beginning of the application.
- You must maintain management of the account on an ongoing basis. This includes writing engaging ad copy to encourage clicks, selecting the most appropriate keywords and making appropriate changes based on the performance of the ads.
- Each ad must reflect the mission of the organisation and the ads and keywords should remain relevant.
- Commercial advertising is strictly forbidden. If you promote products and services in the ads, all of the proceeds must go towards supporting the charity.
So, if you think you're eligible for Google Grants, let's take a look at what Google can do for you...
- A daily budget of $329 (equivalent of $10,000 per month)
- Maximum cost per click (CPC) of $2.00
- Keyword targeted text ads running on the search network only. You can find out a little more about Google's search and display networks here.
To add to the above, your NPO could also qualify for AdWords Express - helping potential customers find your website and allowing the organisation a quick way to connect with a relevant audience. If you don’t have the time to manage your Google Ad Grants account, AdWords Express could be the perfect solution for you.
After launching in 2003, Google Grants has been a great success delivering fantastic results for organisations such as Barnardos and Global Giving. Find out more about their success and how you could benefit from Google Grants here. So what are you waiting for? If you hold a valid charity status, it’s time for you to get involved…
For additional guidance or training on any aspects of Google AdWords, get in touch with us or find out more about what we offer here.